Oliver

Oliver

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Let me see that (Pumpkin) Roll!




Not that I don't ALSO want to see you "Tootsie Roll" but, really....

If you are still looking for a great Thanksgiving/Fall dessert, a pumpkin roll is always a favorite with The Sheehans! Here are the details:

PUMPKIN ROLL

3 eggs
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. pumpkin
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
Beat eggs by hand; fold in sugar, pumpkin, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set aside.

3/4 c. self-rising flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

In another bowl, Sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg

Combine dry with wet ingredients.

Pour into a greased & floured jelly roll pan (13x15 or 15 x 11)

Bake @ 350 for 15 min. May need a spatula to loosen cake. Turn out onto a kitchen towel and roll
up from (short end) until cool. This takes a little while!
Filling:

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
chopped pecans (if desired)

Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add Cool Whip and stir.

Unroll cooled pumpkin roll. Spread filling over cooled roll and sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired.

Reroll, trim ends if needed.


Makes enough filling for 2 rolls. (These can be frozen.)

Just to add a little somethin' somethin', I downloaded this pattern, cut out the maple leaf patterns, laid them on my finished pumpkin roll and sifted powdered sugar on top. When I pulled away the paper, the outline of the leaves was left! If I get my act together, I will upload a picture. Trust me...it is cute and yummy :)


1 comment:

  1. This looks so good!!! I've heard of a pumpkin roll but haven't ever made one...may have to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete