Look at me cooking up a storm! That's what happens when I have some time off! Don't you want me to come visit when I am on summer vacation? I will cook for you :)
This is a super easy, healthy and yummy recipe that goes well with a dish that needs some veggies. We are having Nancy's chicken tetrazzini tonight and I wanted to add some color. So, here goes!
Zucchini Casserole
2 fresh zucchini, sliced
2 ripe tomatoes, peeled and sliced
2 medium onions, thickly sliced
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
Basil, chopped
parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer zucchini, tomatoes and onions in a 9x13" baking dish. Sprinkle with basil as desired. Cook for 20 minutes.
Remove and add mozzarella on top, sprinkle with parmesan (if desired). Cook another 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
YUM.
yum. and it actually is healthy! something i can't say about much on our menu for thursday! if i ever have something to do with what we eat on thanksgiving i will cook this. but alas, the witheringtons take out on thanksgiving day. sinful, isn't it!? if i had only known before i said "i do"...
ReplyDeletethis looks yummy! i hope you like the chicken tetrazzini-I actually got the recipe from lynn erickson. happy thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds great. I will have to try it when I get all of my kitchen gear unpacked!
ReplyDelete