Oliver

Oliver

Monday, November 2, 2009

Blowing up the blog!


I know..I have been blowing up the blog recently. I put too much pressure on myself to make each post poignant. (I am sure there are many snickering in my virtual audience in regards to previous postings!) But, I love to read other peoples' blogs, no matter how "thought provoking" they may be. So I am attempting to write more often.

I am excited about my new supper club! Some friends in Memphis had a great idea a few years ago. They got a group of women together who loved to cook and walked through an entire cookbook together. Once a month, they each brought one item from the cookbook (one brought a salad, one an appetizer, etc.) and that way they got to taste many of the recipes from their cookbook without having to make them all. I am not sure about you, but I love to write in my cookbooks after I make something so I can remember the changes I made or what I thought about the things I have tried. This will be a great way to fill in a whole book! (I am a completion nerd...this thrills me!)

I am pulling together a group in Atlanta to do the very same thing. We will be using "A Sterling Collection" one of the Memphis Junior League cookbooks that I was given and have not yet used. I will let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. What a FUN idea! I might have to steal that from you. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I love the idea! We are getting ready to start on our 2nd cookbook. The nice thing about cooking club is that if it isn't good, no ones feelings are hurt because you just followed the recipe. I hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, you are one of the first people I knew to do this! Your blog about it is what inspired me =) Which cookbooks have y'all used?

    ReplyDelete