Oliver

Oliver

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Theory on Shoes.


I have WAY too many pairs of shoes. Fall shoes, Winter shoes, transitional shoes, mules, wedges.....you name it....I have a pair. Both of my over-the-door shoe racks are full of only in-season shoes. (Both racks? I know...) Even still, if you were to look for me at TJ Maxx or Target, I am most likely in the shoe department looking for more shoes to bring home to clutter my life.

Why you might ask?

Shoes fit.

I am, like every other woman, (embarrassingly) overly concerned about my figure. I don't usually like to try on clothes for fear that (gasp!) they won't accentuate my positives and eliminate my negatives. Another horrific thought? If I have to go UP a size in a certain pair of pants or shorts. I never care if I have to go up another size in shoes....because my shoe size doesn't matter to me at all. I just look for what fits.

This is my theory on why so many women love shoes. Anyone else feel this way?

3 comments:

  1. Girl,
    You have a TON of shoes....I thought that you had cut and pasted photos of magazine shoes!
    Please know that you always look great! I say go find some new things that go with your shoe collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! A new post!
    Yes...shoes do fit (unlike clothes), but I have to say that wearing one of the largest sizes in the shoe department can be a little depressing. yes....that would be a size 11.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it! Through all of my ups and downs in weight, I have always LOVED shoes. Of course, I also now that a fabulous pair of shoes and handbag can update many a outfit! =)

    ReplyDelete