
I always thought that "frittatas" were really fancy....not so. I made my first frittata this Easter and it was delicious! Basically (if you are as clueless as I was) a frittata is a crust-less quiche. The recipe below is the one I used. You can just take your leftovers: meats, cheeses, veggies, etc. and toss them in. It's a great way to use your leftovers and have a brand new meal!
"What's in the Fridge Frittata"
Recipe courtesy of "College Cooking" cookbook
8 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
4 cups leftovers (or...what you have)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8" baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
Beat the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Distribute the leftovers evenly in the pan and cover with egg mixture. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
**Also great as left-overs....kind of "like left-over left-overs"**
I love a frittata! However, I always struggle spelling it!
ReplyDelete