Oliver

Oliver

Friday, September 17, 2010

Eyes Wide Open

I have been blessed to teach Bible History this year to my 2nd graders. We are going through Genesis and will study through Joshua this year. I learn so much from the curriculum and have seen more ways in which Christ is foreshadowed in the Old Testament than ever before.

We studied Genesis 5-7 this week and talked about The Flood and God's desire to wipe out wickedness because of the ways it was changing His creation and His people. It becomes more and more evident, through this story, how much it grieves His heart to see His people doubt His love for them and look to their own devices. He isn't retaliating only because "He isn't getting His way" but because He longs for us to be right with Him.

I have been recognizing sin in the world in so many new ways, since I have been teaching about the effects of the Fall. Today, on my way to work, a man was next to me at the stoplight and creepily blew me a kiss and made some other lewd gestures.....yuck. Then, while at the DMV as I waited in a very long line, I saw a woman whose head was violently shaking (due to Parkinson's, no doubt), an old man had a device coming from his skull, a woman whose face had obviously been deformed from birth. I look around and just ache for these people....remembering that all of these situations stem from The Fall. What a blessing it is to know that we will not stay this way....that this will all change when Jesus comes back.

Jesus, come quickly. Right our wrongs and take us to be with you!

1 comment: