Oliver

Oliver

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Churching....

I have been "churching" in Birmingham. Going to church with friends old and new trying to find which church seems to teach me the most about the Lord. We all have different ideas of what makes a church "home" but I am surprised to see how different the churches I have attended are.

I went to a church this morning that I loved. I went to this church sometimes in college, but it was never a perfect fit for me. I absolutely loved what was taught this morning and feel that it just might be the place for me to stick for a while.

Here is a thought that was preached that really stuck with me. "The book of Ezekiel primarily teaches that God loves Himself. He loves to be self-centered and focused on His own glory." When I have heard that in the past I have always been concerned about that part of God's character. In my life, it would be terribly wrong to be self-centered....why is that OK for God? What might that look like on Him? The pastor this morning said, "We should be glad that God is focused on Himself....whom else do you THINK He should center around? We would be worried if He was focused on anything BUT Himself...."

This really clarified that thought for me. God IS concerned with His own glory...because it is the only thing worth being centered around.

No comments:

Post a Comment