
Most muffins are like bald cupcakes. (According this routine by comedian Jim Gaffigan). They are full of sugar, white flour and oil or butter. I love 'em.
I tweaked a fall muffin recipe that I got from Allrecipes.com and they are really yummy and (relatively) healthy!
Here is my variation on the recipe.
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Ingredients
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil and orange juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. (I made one loaf and a dozen muffins.)
- Bake the muffins for about 18 minutes and the loaf for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment