I used this tried and true recipe to make my sister's birthday cake this week. It was a hit!
Here is the recipe...
Martha's Strawberry Cake
Cake:
2 boxes white cake mix
1 3 oz. package of strawberry Jello
1 cup water
10 oz. frozen strawberries- thawed
1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil
8 eggs
(For each cake mix) Put cake mix, 1/2 Jello package and blend well. Add 3/4/cup oil, 1/2 cup strawberries, and water. Last, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg addition. Pour into ONE greased cake pan. Bake at 325 for 45- 50 minutes (each oven varies).
Repeat with second cake mix.
Once the cakes are baked, let cool on a wire rack until cool.
Icing:
2 sticks butter- softened
2 boxes powdered sugar- sifted (Kroger brand is pre-sifted!)
1 cup strawberries- drained and mashed
Combine and beat until creamy. If the icing is runny, add more powdered sugar and refrigerate shortly.
Enjoy!
Landon's mom makes this recipe & it's by far my favorite dessert on the planet! I'll have to sample yours too!!
ReplyDelete~Erica
Martha Stewart uses cake mix? This must be another Martha. I, on teh other hand, love recipes that add to cake mixes. I wish I could have had a piece of this one!
ReplyDelete—CES
Erica...I LOVE this recipe, too!!
ReplyDeleteCourt....no, not Martha Stewart, Martha is the name of the friend who gave me the recipe!