
The following is a recipe that I have edited a bit to fit my taste....I love Mexican food, but aim to make it healthy while still tasting good. I really like this recipe. It is quick, easy, good and really inexpensive! My kind of throw-together meal!
Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
Cumin (to taste)
Tortillas (I use whole wheat)
Cheese (any kind you like...I use the Mexican blend)
Drain the corn and black beans. Mix together. Add about 1 tsp. of cumin, or however much you like. Mix.
Heat your pan on low to medium heat. (This way the tortilla won't burn, but the cheese will melt.) Lay a tortilla flat on a greased pan and sprinkle as much cheese as you like over the whole tortilla. Once the cheese has begun to melt, fold the tortilla in half. Reopen tortilla and spoon in some of the bean and corn mixture. Refold. Heat on both sides. (Be careful when you flip as the contents might try to sneak out!) Once it is heated through, cut into wedges and eat!
This is really simple and can be modified tons of ways...add pieces of rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, greens, etc.
(And, lest any of you be fooled...I did not take the picture above.)
mmmmm. yummy. I love making mexican and even more than that, I love eating it!
ReplyDeleteThis looks great! This would even make a great lunchtime meal...I'll have to try it :)
ReplyDeleteIs this what you were talking about the other day? I must try them soon...we love Mexican around here!
ReplyDelete