
Did you know that if you put a clove of garlic between your toes you will be able to taste it in under a minute? It's true! Why do I know this...you might ask. Fun party trick? This is just one illustration of how quickly items that touch your skin enter your bloodstream.
You might be thinking....who cares? Well..if you think about the foods you eat and how they will effect your health and well-being, shouldn't you also consider what you slather all over your skin? As you spray on your perfume directly onto your skin, have you ever thought about what might be IN that perfume? How might those fragrances effect you?
In my next few blog posts, I am going to share some information about common hygiene products that you might want to reconsider using once you hear more of the information about their ingredients.
One such product is deodorant/antiperspirant blends. I have always used a deodorant AND antiperspirant in one, until recently. There is just too much research linking aluminum in such products to Alzheimer's and breast cancer for me to continue taking that risk.
Here are a few great alternatives:
Salt rock deodorant (found at most stores including Target)
Tom's natural deodorant (you can find this at Whole Foods and other such markets).
My personal favorite, Trader Joe's unscented deodorant.(For those of you who live in a city without a Trader Joe's....I am sorry to rub it in!)

OR, if you are really cool and "green"...make your own deodorant! Here is the link from a blog I follow illustrating how to do just that!
These deodorants both work really well AND could possibly keep you from severe health risks.
Enjoy!
Okay, Lauren, that is the same kind of deodorant I make that we had so much fun laughing about. I LOVE it. I use it every day, and it never ceases to amaze me. You've got to make it, if you haven't already!
ReplyDelete