Oliver

Oliver

Monday, January 11, 2010

What's the word?


I am a goal-setter not a resolution-maker. Resolutions seem to be too long-term and guilt-inspiring for me. So, this year I have set some goals for myself. If I write them out, I will achieve them. That is what I am telling myself, at least!

1. Attend conferences.

I have heard a pastor say that he was "mentored" by John Calvin, Elisabeth Elliot, etc. because he read their books. I loved that thought. I am hoping to feel quite poured into and mentored by the following folks:

2PC CLC featuring John Wood and Paige Benton Brown in Memphis, TN.
"Adoption for Life" featuring Russell D. Moore in Louisville, KY.
"Boundaries" featuring Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend in Atlanta, Ga.
"So Long Insecurity" featuring Beth Moore in Atlanta, Ga.
"Bold Purpose" featuring Dr. Dan Allender in Birmingham, Al.

2. Become a published author.

I have already begun working on this and am really enjoying the experience of putting my best thoughts about certain topics into print. I will keep you posted, but already have a preliminary nod from an editor at RELEVANT magazine- more than I even expected for such a beginner.

3. Run a 5K well.

Note: I did not say quickly, just well. :)

4. Live in a way that would not reflect guilt and bondage, but joy and freedom.

Working on that each day, but that is my spiritual "theme" this year and will hope to make it a purposed goal.

As Randy Pope, the Pastor of Perimeter Church, said last night, "Ask God to do something so significant in your life that it's doomed to failure unless He be in it."




No comments:

Post a Comment